Usain Bolt - The Boy Who could fly
In this film we see a young Usain running to school. He is quick and is soon noticed by the school coach and as they say 'the rest is history!'
- Watch the first 65 seconds. Up to the title screen - What do we know about Usain from this section?
- Watch the first 2 minutes - write the dialogue between Usain and the coach.
- Recreate the news report as seen at 3m 15s
- Watch up to 3m 39s - How is Usain feeling now? How do we know this? Write a paragraph in the 1st person describing these feelings.
- Watch the discussion between Usain and his mother then recreate this conversation punctuating it correctly.
- Write a persuasive speech for another athlete in a similar position. What advice would we give them?
- Describe the feeling of 'keeping it light' use a range of similes to describe running like it was through the clouds.
- At the end of the film allow children to pick out key points to create a short biography, use follow up research to complete this.