The Ocean Maker
From the Lucas Martell studios comes this beautiful post-apocalyptic animation of hope.
It is the future, global warming means that the seas have disappeared. The only sources of water are the clouds which bands of vicious sky pirates fight to control.
There is hope though that rain will one day come...
Katrina is a brave pilot, we first see her trying to evade the black planes of the sky pirates and we're left wondering what she is doing. There are some clues: she has 'the rain maker' blue print taped to her control panel and a strange contraption strapped to the underneath of her fuselage. Katrina uses the machine for spraying the clouds - again it leaves the audience puzzled about her motive.
The title of the film becomes clear as she collides head on in the cloud with a giant gun ship.
This is when we see that Katrina is 'The Ocean Maker' and this is her story.
- Create setting descriptions for the different settings including the lighthouse.
- Recreate the action sentences using appropriate sentence structures to create pace.
- Write a character description of Katrina.
- Write a 1st person narrative.
- Write dialogue between Katrina and an unknown character on the radio.
- Create a sequel - what does the young girl on the lighthouse do?
- Create a 'time shift' narrative - Begin by describing the rain at the end before shifting time backwards and telling the story up to the point of the crash.