An advert for James Wellbeloved Dog Food
The James Wellbeloved website tells us this about their advert
Our TV ad tells the story of busker Jack and his furry companion, Harry. We travel with the struggling pair as they try desperately to bring joy and happiness to their cold, dark world. Littered with looming skyscrapers and devoid of nature, the pair struggle to break through to the busybodies caught up in the rush of city life.
Jack desires one thing more than anything in life – to escape to the countryside. Using this desire to push himself forwards, he busks through the harsh days and weary nights; slowly but surely, day after day, saving up the money he needs to buy a motorbike, to get his canine companion out of the city.
Eventually, with enough fight and dedication, Jack scrapes every last penny together and sets out to ride away into the sunset. But not all is as it seems – even though Jack put everything into buying the motorbike, he realised that wasn’t important. As long as Harry is back in the countryside, by any means possible, and back with nature, that’s the best thing he can do for his closest friend.
This is a lovely little film from the makers of the Spanish lottery advert 'Loteria de Navidad' which can also be seen on this website. It would be a great little discussion piece to share with children. All the way through the film we think that he is saving up for a motorbike but at the end he realises just being out in nature with his best friend is enough.
- Retell the story in your own words as a 3rd person narrative.
- Retell the story in the 1st person either as Jack or his dog.
- Describe the city and the countryside using specific language to create a mood/atmosphere.
- Write a dual narrative both through the eyes of Jack and his dog.
- Write dialogue between the pair and focus on the differences between speech and thought.
- Create an advert for your own pet food using a range of persuasive devices.