Le Petit Cordonnier - The Little Shoemaker
In a timeless Parisien street there is a little shoemaker called Mr Botte. He makes and sells a special kind of shoes and business is good. However, the little shoemaker's life is about to change... a new shoe seller is in town and he will do anything to gain business. Mr Botte's business starts to fail. How will he cope? Maybe he will get some help from unexpected quarters.
- Describe the shoemake and his shop.
- Retell the story in a fairytale style
- Use show don't tell to describe the shoes coming alive but leave your reader wondering what is happening.
- Describe the rival shoe maker using specific language to make him sound sly and cunning.
- Create some dialogue between the two shoe makers.
- Write some dialogue between the shoemaker and his shoes.
- Create a new plan to get rid of the shoemaker.
- Create persuasive arguments for the little shoe maker's shoes.
- Explanations or instructions about how to make magic shoes.