Adventures are the pits!
A reluctant boy gets more than he asked for in a ball pit. Will he conquer his fears to escape the adventure he finds himself in?
A funny and surprising animation that would be great to use in literacy lessons.
Children can discuss the 'lesson' behind the story.
Pause the film in various places and ask key questions:-
- Try the same activity in the 3rd person looking at the boy at the top of the slide - can you describe him?
- Imagine your slide can end anywhere - where would it end? Describe opening your eyes at the end of the slide - where are you?
- Imagine if your worst nightmares were in the ball pool - how would you get out? What would you do?
- Write a script for the film - imagine the narrator is the voice inside the boys head - what is he saying throughout the animation? (What am I doing? I hate slides! Come on people are watching.) etc
- Imagine you are at the top of the giant slide - fill in a thought bubble with your thoughts.